Friday, June 5, 2009

Dayi Jia Ji Tuocha 2008

Sheng of the Day - 2008 Da Yi Jia Ji Tuocha, 100 grams
Sheng of the night actually, drank it before going to bed last night.



Da Yi Jia Ji tuocha 2008, 100 grams

I got this tea earlier this year. I seldom see Menghai 100 grams tuocha. Usually I see Xiaguan tuocha, and Menghai Bings instead.

After collecting of some 2001 Xiaguan tuochas in yr 2003, I have kind of shifted my interest to bings. I think that the tuos take much longer to oxidise and mature than bings due to its tight compression. Many of my bings of the same era tend to display more changes then these tuos.

Holding this tuo, I carefully examined it and found that there is a double wrapping. Inside this usual brown packing is a thick white paper. I wonder if this tight security will make the tea even harder to mature.

Opening it up, I am overwhelmed by a fresh scent which is trapped inside the paper wrapper. I held the thing carefully with my both hands and smelled it like a drug addict for a while. Shiok! The leaves look clean and fresh too, rather loosely pressed for a tuo. There is even a nice neifei inside the tuo. Sweet! 90 marks for presentation! Menghai rocks.




Wanted to use 5 grams for this session. The leaves somehow got quite broken after prying and I decided to put less. 4.8 is a good number. I went ahead to set up my gear and start boiling my water.



The tea was made with quick infusions not lasting more than 5 secs.

The soup is bright yellow and resembles some oolong tea. The tea is full and infects the whole mouth, refreshing with some bitter sweet taste. The bitter wears off quickly and the sweet lingers in the back of the mouth.





It was overall a nice session, eventually stopped at 10 infusions because it was getting late. Shall reduce to probably 4 grams the next time for a softer feel. Will definitely get more of this nice thing.



Nope. this is not a Menghai Bamboo plate. Merely pasted the sticker from my 2008 Menghai 7532.


Revisiting my 2001 Xiaguan Tuo next.

No comments:

Post a Comment