Friday, June 12, 2009

From An Ant's Point Of View

This is part 2 of the package! The reversal ring.

its supposed to be a cheap way of doing macro without paying the price of a macro lens. Isn't that just invented for people like us.

The trick is to reverse mount a lens, which I used my 50mm f1.8, together with the twin ikea lights I got earlier.

As the article says. "You Lose the Camera’s Brain so Use Your Own"
I reversed the lens, locked the thing in and set the cam in orang-matic* mode and then mounted the thing on the tripod.

It is not easy because I depended heavily on the autofocus. I moved forward and backward numerous times, and sticking my eye at the viewfinder to get the focus. Got real tired and took a rest, wanting to give up.
Suddenly I remembered that my camera allows me to shoot via lcd screen. Long Live D90! It was much easier later. i took the photos using my lcd live view while holding a light in my left hand to adjust the lightings.

Finally i got this! The earphones in macro!

WA. BIG

and a really small keychain!

this image not that sharp.
So happy with the previous successful shots that I quickly bring a piece of tea to test. Was wondering how to squeeze the subject into the tiny frame.



For once I think compact cameras are real good. They are cute, tiny, fits into your pocket, and they can do macro at no cost. They can take shots like this easily.
Macro lens for DSLRs are not cheap. You can try this trick using the reverse macro too.



Wanted to celebrate by making a brew. But it was past midnight and my eyes are getting crossed.

I think i better save up to buy a autofocus nikkor 105mm VR at S$1360. Might be able to save my eyes.


*orang-matic - full manual.

No comments:

Post a Comment